SOCIO / 223676503 / email@example.com
ANDRÉS VESZPREMY S.
Andrés Veszpremy S. is a partner at Palma Edwards Veszpremy, concentrating his practice in AFP, investment funds, mutual funds, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governments, securities market legislation, labor and social security legislation, insurance legislation, compliance area (legislation on prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing, legislation on criminal liability of legal persons, among others), administration in the public sector and regionalization.
- Universidad de Chile, Faculty of Law, 1985.
- Title of Lawyer granted by the Supreme Court of Justice, 1988.
- LL.M. in International Law. Specialization: International Business, The American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C. December 1993. President of the Republic Scholarship.
- Degree in Management Development, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, December 2001.
Academic activities and publications
- Assistant Professor of Commercial Law, Faculty of Law, Universidad de Chile, October 1994 – December 2003.
- Research Assistant of Professor Isaiah Baker (commercial law), Washington College of Law, The American University, July 1993 – December 1993.
- Postgraduate practice, Latin American Mining Institute (LAMI), Washington, D.C., March 1993 – June 1993.
- Recognized by the international publication “Legal 500” (GC Powerlist Chile 2017), within the 16 best General Counsel of the Financial sector in Chile, 2017.
- Office of National Planning (today the Ministry of Family and Social Development), February 1987-October 1994.
- Legislative Advisor to the Committee of National Renewal Deputies, Partido Renovación Nacional, Valparaíso, Chile, October 1990 – January 1992.
- American International Group (AIG), Chile, November 1994 – June 1997.
- Inhouse Lawyer managing and leading the Legal Department of the Holding Company and the following subsidiaries: Interamericana Compañía de Seguros de Vida SA, Interamericana Rentas Seguros de Vida SA, Administradora de Fondos de Pensiones Unión SA, Administradora de Fondos para la Vivienda Intercajas SA, AIG Global Investment Corp. (Latinoamérica) SA, Interamericana Training Center SA and Interamericana Data Center SA.
- Associate Attorney, Morales Noguera Valdivieso & Besa, December 1997- October 2000.
- BBVA Group, November 2000-October 2013: Administrator of Pension Funds Provida S.A. November 2000 – December 2001, Chief Lawyer; January 2002 to March 2009 and August 2012 to October 2013, Prosecutor and Secretary of the Company and the Board of Directors.
- BBVA Group, Legal Manager and Secretary of several companies and boards of the Group, April 2009 to July 2012.
- MetLife, October 2013 – October 2017, Administradora de Fondos de Pensiones Provida S.A October 2013-October 2017, Legal Counsel and Secretary of the Company and the Board of Directors.
- Founding partner at Veszpremy Abogados, April 2018 – October 2018.
- Partner at Palma Edwards Veszpremy, November 2018 to date.
Lawyer, Regional Secretary of Planning and Coordination VI Region.
Managing and leading the Legal Department and the Compliance Area of the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Important role in the merger process of AFP ProVida with its parent company, 2015-2016.
- Important role in the negotiation and advice of the Data Processing Contract between AFP ProVida and IBM, in 2014.
- Participated in the AFV ProVida team in the sale of ProVida between BBVA and MetLife.
- During the international expansion of AFP ProVida, he played a key role in acquiring an AFP in the Dominican Republic.
- As part of AFP ProVida, he was the legal advisor for the entire pension industry during the Unemployment Insurance tender process and the establishment of the Unemployment Fund Management Company of Chile SA (2001-2002), where he served as the first President.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association A.G.
- Member of the Chilean Section of the International Association of Droit des Assurances (AIDA-Chile)
- Chilean North American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham Chile).
- Spanish, English and German.