SOCIO / 223676518 / firstname.lastname@example.org
FELIPE DÍAZ T.
Felipe Díaz Toro is a Partner at Palma Edwards Veszpremy and has developed an important part of his professional career in the United States of America and in Europe, first as legal counsel at BBVA Bank in New York, later as an associate at Arendt & Medernach (the largest law firm in Luxembourg), and at Loyens & Loeff (one of the most important law firms in Europe) where he became a Senior Associate.
His practice consists mainly in advising international and local clients in various transactions related to alternative investment funds with a main focus on private equity, real estate, distressed debt and infrastructure, addressing all relevant regulatory matters. He also advises regularly on mergers and acquisitions, joint venture agreements, debt restructuring, derivatives and in the development and financing of projects representing banks, financial institutions and debtors.
- Universidad Andrés Bello, Faculty of Law, graduated in Law and Social Sciences (LLB), 2003, with honors.
- Universidad Católica, Faculty of Law, Postgraduate in Business Law, 2005.
- Title of Lawyer granted by the Supreme Court of Justice of Chile, 2006.
- Boston University, United States, L.L.M. in Financial and Banking Law, 2007.
- University of New York, United States, Certificate in Private Equity and Venture Capital, 2008.
- Title of Lawyer granted by the Bar Association of Madrid, Spain, 2015.
- Admitted to practice in Luxembourg (List IV), 2015.
- Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Advanced Master in Business Administration (MBA), 2018-2019.
ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Invited Professor Postgraduate Certificate Financial Law, Faculty of Law, University of Chile, 2019 to date.
- ACCION International, Boston, United States, 2007.
- Legal Counsel, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A., New York, United States, 2007-2008.
- General Counsel, Dinacar Group, Chile, 2009.
- Associate, Arendt & Medernach, Luxembourg, 2010-2011.
- Senior Associate, Loyens & Loeff Luxembourg S.à r.l., Luxembourg, 2011-2016.
- Founding Partner at EDN Abogados, Chile, 2016 – 2018.
- Partner at Palma Edwards Veszpremy, 2018 to date.
- He represented Dinacar Group, a Chilean company vertically united in the entire chain of production and sale of animal protein, in the negotiations and agreement for the acquisition of 33% of Faenadora y Frigorífico Cordillera S.A. for approximately CLP 1 billion.
- He adviced Real Estate and Hotel Investments MT S.A. for a financing of approximately 360,000 UF, granted by Banco Internacional S.A., a Chilean bank, for the acquisition of an important hotel in Antofagasta (Chile).
- He participated in the legal team advising the Wendel Group, a French equity fund, in the acquisition of an Austrian company, which is one of the world leaders in flexible packaging for an amount of EUR 2.3 billion. This transaction involved various jurisdictions such as: Austria, Luxembourg, Germany and the Netherlands.
- He advised Alpha Trains, a leading European company in railway leasing, on (i) the acquisition of a portfolio of 202 railway assets in a combined transaction between assets and shares, and in securing the subsequent financing; (ii) the refinancing of the existing external debt through the issuance of bonds listed on the Luxembourg stock exchange and the obtaining of financing for an amount of approx. EUR 1.25 billion. This transaction involved several jurisdictions such as Luxembourg, UK, Holland, Spain, Belgium, Poland, Austria and France.
- He advised the fourth cellular network provider in Poland (WAM in Chile), in the restructuring of the group and in the financing through the issuance of notes in the Luxembourg Stock Exchange for an approximate amount of EUR 415 million.
- Director of the Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce of Chile A.G.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association, A.G.
- Member of the Bar Association of Madrid, Spain.
- Member of the International Bar Association, IBA.
- Spanish, English and French.