SOCIO / 223676518 / firstname.lastname@example.org
FELIPE DÍAZ T.
Felipe Díaz T. is a Partner at Palma Edwards Veszpremy and has developed part of his professional experience in the United States of America and in Europe, first as prosecuting attorney at the BBVA Bank in New York, later at Arendt & Medernach (the largest law firm in Luxembourg), and at Loyens & Loeff (one of the most important law firms in Europe) where he became a Senior Associate.
His practice consists mainly in advising international and local clients in various transactions related to investment funds, mergers and acquisitions, including bids, purchases of assets and companies, association or joint venture agreements, private equity transactions, capital issues and debt, derivatives and in the development and financing of projects representing financial institutions and corporations.
- Universidad Andrés Bello, Faculty of Law, gratuated in Law and Social Sciences (LLB), 2003, with honors.
- Universidad Católica, Faculty of Law, Post graduate in Business Law, 2005.
- Title of Lawyer granted by the Supreme Court of Justice of Chile, 2006.
- Boston University, United States, L.L.M. in Financial and Banking Law, 2007.
- University of New York, United States, Certificate in Private Equity and Venture Capital, 2008.
- Title of Lawyer granted by the Illustrious Bar Association of Madrid, Spain, 2015.
- Title of Lawyer granted by the Illustrious Bar Association of Luxembourg, 2015.
- Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Advanced Master in Business Administration (MBA) (c), 2018-2019.
- Corporation for Judicial Assistance of the Chilean Government, 2005.
- ACCION International, Boston, United States, 2007.
- Legal Counsel, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A., New York, United States, 2007-2008.
- General Counsel, Dinacar Limitada, Chile, 2009.
- Associate, Arendt & Medernach, Luxembourg, 2010-2011.
- Senior Associate, Loyens & Loeff Luxembourg S.à r.l., Luxembourg, 2011-2016.
- Director at Dinacar Limitada, Chile, April 2016 to date.
- Founding Partner at EDN Abogados, Chile, 2016 – 2018.
- Partner at Palma Edwards Veszpremy, 2018 to date.
- He leaded the legal advice to the Dinacar Group, a Chilean company vertically united in the entire chain of production and sale of animal protein, in the negotiations and agreement for the acquisition of 33% of Faenadora y Frigorífico Cordillera Chile for approximately one billion pesos.
- He participated in the advice to Real Estate and Hotel Investments MT S.A. in a loan for approximately 360,000 UF, granted by Banco Internacional S.A., a Chilean bank, for the acquisition of an important hotel in Antofagasta (Chile).
- He participated in the legal advice to the Wendel Group, a French equity fund registered in Euronext Paris, in the acquisition of an Austrian company, which is one of the world leaders in flexible packaging for an amount of EUR 2.3 billion. Felipe specifically participated in (a) the implementation of the structure for the acquisition, (b) the financing of said acquisition, and (c) the aspects of corporate governance and terms of entry of potential co-investors in the new structure as well as the correct implementation in corporate documents. This was a transaction that involved various jurisdictions such as: Austria, Luxembourg, Germany and the Netherlands.
- He participated in the legal advice to Alpha Trains, the leading European company in railway leasing, mainly in (i) the acquisition of a portfolio of 202 railway assets in a combined transaction between assets and shares, and in securing the subsequent financing; (ii) the refinancing of the existing external debt through the issuance of bonds listed on the Luxembourg stock exchange and the obtaining of financing for an amount of approx. EUR 1.25 billion. Felipe also participated in the restructuring of the debt in the Alpha Trains group. These transactions involved several jurisdictions such as Luxembourg, UK, Holland, Spain, Belgium, Poland, Austria and France.
- He was part of the team that advised the fourth cellular network provider in Poland (WAM in Chile), in the restructuring of his group and in the financing through the issuance of notes in the Luxembourg Stock Exchange for an approximate amount of EUR 415 millions. Felipe supervised said issue and in particular the entry terms of a new investor in the current structure as well as the correct implementation of the legal documentation.
- He participated in advising Bright Capital, a multinational focused on venture capital, in the investment process of EUR 8.3 million in the Luxemburgish company Epuramat SA, a leading company in water and wastewater treatment through a portable, compact and chemical-free technology. (eg Box4Water).
- Member of the Belgo Luxemburgish Chamber of Commerce of Chile A.G.
- Chilean Bar Association, A.G.
- Bar Association of Madrid, Spain.
- Bar Association of Luxembourg, Luxembourg.
- Associated with the International Bar Association, IBA.
- Spanish, English and French.