SOCIO / 223676502 / firstname.lastname@example.org
JUAN EDUARDO PALMA C.
Juan Eduardo Palma C. is a Partner and leads the Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions and Banking and Finance departments.
His professional career has led him to become an expert in financing and corporate structures of companies, being recognized by his peers, for his negotiation skills and for his great ability to obtain financing and negotiate reorganizations.
In addition, Juan Eduardo has built an academic career, being one of the few lawyers in Chile who teaches jointly at the Universidad de Chile and the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
At the same time, he has served as a Board member of important national companies such as LGS Chile, a security, transport and custody company in Chile and Brigthtstar Group Chile.
- Universidad de Chile, Faculty of Law, 1996, Summa Cum Laude.
- Title of Lawyer granted by the Supreme Court of Justice, 1999.
- Master of Laws (LL.M, with honors), Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, United States, 2001.
Academic activities and publications
- Professor of Commercial Law Chair appointed by “Concurso Público de Antecedentes y Oposición”, Faculty of Law of the Universidad de Chile, 2016 to date.
- Professor of the Commercial Law Chair, Law School, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2006 to date.
- Assistant Professor of the Commercial Law Chair, Faculty of Law, University of Chile, 2002-2016.
- Coauthor of the Chilean Section Doing Business, World Bank 2004; 2005; 2006 and 2010.
- National Counsel of the Chilean Bar Association A.G.
- Regular speaker at national and international conferences of the International Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association.
- Vial y Palma Abogados, entered the year 1993 and became a Partner in 2004.
- Sidley, Austin, Brown & Wood, New York, United States of America, 2001-2002.
- Partner at Palma Abogados, 2004-2018.
- Partner at Palma Edwards Veszpremy, 2018 to date.
- Represented Banco BBVA Chile and the banking union in the financing granted to Southern Cross Group for the acquisition of Petrobras Chile.
- Represented Banco Internacional and the bank syndicate composed of Banco Consorcio and China Construction Bank in the financing granted to the Chilean company PSINet Chile S.A. for the financing of the austral fiber optic project that will provide fiber optics to the south of Chile.
- Represented the sellers of LGS Chile in the sale of the company to Brinks Group.
- Represented Banco BBVA Chile and Itaú Corpbanca for the restructuring of the loans of Clínica Bupa S.A.
- Represented Banco Santander Chile and creditors’ union composed of Penta Vida and BTG Pactual Chile S.A. Life insurance company, in the financing granted to Grupo Anpac for the development of hydroelectric power plants throughout the country.
- Represented Banco Itaú Corpbanca in the financing granted to NH Hotels Group for the financing of Hotel NH Vitacura.
- Represented Banco Santander Chile and Banco BBVA Chile in the credit granted to the department store Chile Casa e Ideas.
- Represented Banco Internacional, Banco Security and Banco BTG Pactual in the syndicated credit granted to the automotive company Chilena Autofín S.A.
- Chilean Bar Association A.G.
- Member of the International Bar Association.
- Spanish and English.