SOCIA / 223676512 / email@example.com
MARÍA ESTER PAREDES M.
María Ester Paredes M. is a lawyer from the Universidad de Chile with extensive experience in judicial collection litigation, insolvency, reorganization and liquidations of companies and matters related to the national financial market. She was General Manager of standardization area of BBVA for more than 15 years.
Since 2013, she is President of the CompArte Foundation, an entity dedicated to the inclusion of vulnerable young people with different abilities, with the aim of integrating them into society through music and art. In November 2018, she joined as a Partner of Palma Edwards Veszpremy.
- Universidad de Chile, Faculty of Law, 1973-1978.
- Title of Lawyer granted by the Supreme Court of Justice, 1980.
- Administration and Finance Course, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, School of Management in association with the Management School of the BBVA Group, 2000.
- Management Development, IESE University of Navarra, Madrid, 2001 in association with the Management School of the BBVA Group, including subjects of Human Resources, Marketing, Technology, New Products, Administration, Finance, Costing and Macroeconomics.
- Leadership Development, Center for Creative Leadership, Brussels, in association with the Management School of the BBVA Group held in Aranjuez, Madrid, 2006.
- Banco BHIF, Chief Judicial Collection Attorney: Position dependent of the BHIF Bank Office. Constant development of management, related to clients in judicial collection for large companies and individuals. Participated actively and successfully in the defense of civil lawsuits against the Bank during the years 1989 to 2000.
- BBVA, Standardization Counsel: management that reports to the Risk Division dedicated to managing the unpaid loans of the Corporate, Business and Individual Banks of BBVA. Strategic direction of the Judicial Collection of AFP Provida. Constant development of new collection plans and campaigns for products and by-products. Strategic management and active participation in restructuring plans of large companies or corporations. Participation in agreements, renegotiations, syndicated loans, bankruptcy and related processes of large and small companies. Management of bankruptcy proceedings and coordination and leadership of bank groups in bankruptcy proceedings. Participation in the design and development of trial control software and other programs aimed at cost control, control and monitoring of milestones in collection, management of control alerts. Implementation and portfolio sales processes from 2008 until 2014.
- Founding Partner at Paredes & Asociados, focusing on advising companies in different fields, mainly corporate, insolvencies and entrepreneurship, agreements, negotiations and civil litigation.
- Since 2013, she is President of the CompArte Foundation, an entity dedicated to the inclusion of vulnerable young people with different abilities, with the aim of integrating them into society through music and art.
- Partner in Palma Edwards Veszpremy, November 2018 to date.
- Chilean Bar Association A.G.
- Spanish and English.