SOCIO / 223676505 / firstname.lastname@example.org
GABRIEL PALMA C.
Gabriel Palma has concentrated his professional career on Corporate matters, Real state, Financing, Compliance and anti-corruption, being the partner in charge of the compliance and anti- corruption department. He also is delegate for crime prevention at the construction company Claro Vicuña Valenzuela S.A. (CVV).
Given his experience, he was invited by the OECD to participate in the evaluation of the Convention to Fight the Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Commercial Transactions, and aimed to publicize the perspectives from the point of view of the legal profession about the implementation of said Convention in Chile, within the framework of the follow-up mechanism that the OECD has on this matter.
ELA DePaul University, Chicago, United States of America, 2001.
EAP University of California, Santa Barbara, United States of America, 2004.
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Faculty of Law, 2004.
Title of Lawyer granted by the Supreme Court, 2007.
Scholarship of “Latin America Master Scholarship” awarded by The University of Nottingham and Banco Santander, based on academic merits, 2011.
Master of Laws (LL.M.), The University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom, 2012.
Academic activities and publications
- Assistant Professor of Economic Law, Faculty of Law of Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2001-2003.
- Assistant Professor of Bankruptcy Law, Faculty of Law of Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2010.
- Assistant Professor of Free Competition Law, Faculty of Law of Universidad de Los Andes, 2011.
- Assistant Professor of Commercial Law, Faculty of Law of Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2013-2017.
- Prosecutor’s Office for Corporations, Companies, Investments and Treasury, BBVA Chile, 2007.
- Vial y Palma Abogados, 2007-2009.
- Díaz-Bastien & Truan Abogados, Madrid, Spain, 2012.
- Associate Palma Abogados, from 2009 to 2015.
- Partner at Palma, from 2015 to date.
He is a compliance officer in charge of crime prevention at Claro Vicuña Valenzuela S.A. (CVV) within the framework of Law 20,393 on Criminal Liability of Legal Persons. Along with this, it has implemented crime prevention models.
Representation of BTG Pactual and Santander Investment in the granting of financing to real estate projects of the most important real estate companies in the country
- Representative of CCU and its subsidiary Foods Compañía de Alimentos CCU S.A. in the sale of assets corresponding to the Natur and Calaf brands to Empresas Carozzi S.A., as well as the representative of CCU and its subsidiary Embotelladoras Chilenas Unidas S.A. in the joint venture with Empresas Carozzi S.A. for the production, sale and distribution of Vivo, Caricia, Sprim and Fructus powder drinks.
- Participated in the advice given to the controlers of LGS Chile in the sale of its participation in the company of transport of securities to the company Brinks.
- Representative of the construction company CVV S.A. in the sale of its stake in Concesionaria Concesiones Urbanas S.A., a company whose purpose corresponds to the construction and maintenance of transfer stations for public transportation in Santiago.
- Advise granted to CCU in the acquisition of the Bolivian bottling company Bebidas Bolivianas BBO S.A.
- Has participated in various financings granted to companies such as Casaideas, Patio Group, Eurocorp, PSINet, ISA Real Estate, to provide working capital, project financing, real estate financing and construction, refinancing, through various mechanisms such as syndicated loans, direct loans, leasing, warehousing and preferred capital.
- Chilean Bar Association A.G.
- Spanish and English.